Spiced Carrot Cake Batter Smoothie


Easter is almost here & I feel like eating some carrots ~  I'm sure it must have something to do with that bunny guy who will be hopping around here tomorrow morning.  :)   I started thinking about how I could get a few carrots into my morning smoothie & I figured a Spiced Carrot Cake Batter Smoothie would be the way to go.  Oooo, it turned out so good!  I know it's not as orange as some of the other carrot cake smoothies out there, but I just can't pass up putting the mighty green spinach into all my smoothies.  It's just too easy to do & I really love getting all the extra goodness from that veg into my smoothies. 

Carrots & spinach ~ turned into a cake batter smoothie.   I think the Easter Bunny would be first in line to try this drink...right behind me, that is!  

Spiced Carrot Cake Batter Smoothie
serves 1~2

1/2 cup              shredded carrots (or more, if you are so inclined) 
1 big handful    prewashed/bagged baby spinach
                          (optional ~ leave out if you want it more orange)
2/3 cup              fat free milk
1/2 cup              plain yogurt 
1 scoop             vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup              quick or regular oats
1 tblsp               walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 cup              silken tofu
1 tsp                  molassas
1/2 tsp               vanilla extract
1/2 tsp               cinnamon
1/2 tsp               ground ginger
1/4 tsp               nutmeg

~  blend all above ingredients in a blender until smooth

~  add the following ingredients & then blend again until nice & frosty ~ then drink away!

1/2                     frozen banana (cut into approx 1/2 inch slices)
8                        ice cubes
3                        packets Equal, or sweetener of choice (or to taste)

Enjoy!


P.S. ~ Here's a few additional carrot recipes that I really like...

Carrot & Chickpea Hummus ~ this recipe has the full flavor of a traditional hummus, but with less calories

Spiced Carrot Cake ~ this recipe is made with leftover carrot pulp from you juicer



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...