Watergate Salad ~ Classic dessert that still pleases!

Old Fashioned Watergate Salad

I decided at the last minute to make a dessert/salad to add to our Easter dinner table spread.  I wanted to make a little something that would remind me of Grandma Bunni & making recipes that she used to make is always the way I like to remember her.  I decided that the pastel color & light, fresh taste of her Watergate Salad was just the thing make.  Lucky for me I usually have all the things needed to make it.  It's perfect for today's Easter meal & it also makes a great dish to bring to a potluck, too.  I can hardly keep J out of it, he just loves it!  Good thing we are eating in a couple of hours.  :)    Happy Easter!


Grandma Bunni's Watergate Salad

1 20oz can              crushed pineapple, with juice
1 small box             instant pistachio pudding mix ~ regular or sugar/fat free

1/2 cup                    chopped walnuts
1 cup                       mini marshmallows
1 tub                        Cool Whip, thawed ~ regular, lowfat or fat free


1)  put pineapple with juice in a large bowl & stir in dry pudding mix
     stir until well mixed

2)  fold in nuts, marshmallows & Cool Whip

3)  pour into a bowl & refrigerate for one hour or until ready to serve



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...