Homemade Strawberry Jam ~ from my garden, to my kitchen, to our friends...


All the warm weather we have been having lately has made my strawberries produce like crazy ~ over 12 pounds so far & more on the way.  I think that's a lot, considering the strawberry bed is only about 5'x3'.  Monday I picked 6 pounds of sun ripened berries & decided the best thing to do would be to make some homemade strawberry jam.  So, I bought some pectin, got out my freezer baggies (it's so much easier to make freezer jam instead of regular canned jam) & got to work.  I always follow the directions on the pectin box for making freezer jam, it's so quick & easy to do. 

I ended up making enough strawberry jam to share some with friends & our new next door neighbors (welcome to the neighborhood!).  There will be plenty of homemade jam for our toast, J's lunches & some pretty interesting dessert recipes I've found. I just love strawberry harvest time, don't you?  

There is something about homemade jam, made from berries that you grow yourself, that's just so special...

Mixing all the ingredients together ~ it's so cool to watch the jam start to setup, still amazes me when it does that...

Using my vintage aluminum canning funnel makes it easy to get the jam into the baggies...

Some to eat right away, some to freeze & some to give away...

Breakfast toast & jam never tasted so good.  :) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...