Low Fat Vegan Banana Nut Muffins / Cupcakes

                Lowfat Vegan Banana Nut Muffins  ~~~~~~

Welcome Spring!  Today is the first day of spring and as the saying goes ~ Spring has finally sprung!  I am sooo ready for spring & all the beauty that it brings.  I just love seeing all the bulbs that are popping up in everybody yards/everywhere, just like little bouquets of buried treasures.  I forget from year to year where I have planted bulbs & it's so nice to take my morning walk around the house to see what new, colorful blooms have joined the other flowers in the garden.  

We have been having record breaking warm weather here in the Midwest this past week & it has been perfect for having my morning cup of tea outside, on the front porch.  When Roy gets up he likes to have his tea outside, too...as well as a muffin, or two.   I'm actually kind of glad when I end up with some really ripe bananas, it gives me an excuse to make banana muffins.  Is there any better way to use REALLY ripe bananas?  Nope, don't think so.  For us, muffins are the perfect portion control size & everybody gets an equal number of muffins.  Very important when they go so fast.  :) 

This Vegan Banana Nut Muffin recipe from FatFree Vegan is almost fat free ~ VERY COOL ~ & since it's vegan, it's egg free, too.  If you don't care if it's vegan, just use milk instead of the soymilk.   J really loves these, he would eat them for breakfast, for lunch & after school, if he had the chance.  Sometimes I will 'frost' one of the muffins with Nutella & presto chango ~ he has a cupcake.  Pretty tricky! 

When I add Nutella to the top of one of the Banana Nut Muffins, it suddenly becomes a 'Chocolate Frosting Cupcake'  ~ J can hardly contain himself!  If he only knew, it's the same healthy muffin he had at breakfast, just dolled up.  Shh, it's my little secret...  :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...