|Super Easy Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal ~ Mixing this up the night before is such a simple way to make breakfast.|
When I was pregnant, I often used to make up a container of ~ Super Easy Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal ~ for my morning breakfast. Back then, some mornings it was hard to think about eating, so this took all the guess work out of what to make for breakfast. It was also convenient to take to work & eat on my morning break. When I want breakfast ready first thing in the morning, with as little effort as possible, I just make this up the night before. It's a lot like the Dr. Bircher's Muesli I wrote about awhile back, except simpler. I like simpler first thing morning ~ How about you?
Super Easy Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal
( just depends on how much you like your oats in the morning. Me, I don't share my morning oats, so I eat it ALL. teehee :)
You can view the nutritional info based on 2 servings over on CalorieCount ~ click here.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or your favorite kind of dairy/nut milk)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cranberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- sweetener of choice ~ optional
Mix all ingredients together, in a bowl with a lid & let the oats sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning, give it a good stir & enjoy as is, or add some sweetener.
For a little different spin, consider these mix & match ideas. Get creative, to your heart's content...
|Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal with Pumpkin & Chia Seeds|
- use your favorite fruit juice in place of the dairy/nut milk (V8-Fusion is a fruit/veggie blend that tastes just like fruit juice, so you can sneak a bit of veggies in your breakfast)
- 2 Tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp dried fruit, like ~ raisins, chopped apricots, chopped dates
- a little honey, maple syrup, molasses, etc.