Oatmeal for Breakfast ~ different ways to suit my mood


I try to eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday.  I usually like to eat it raw, just mixed in with yogurt, but I will cook it if I am making it for the family.  Here are some of the ways we enjoy eating it...

Plain Yogurt with Blueberries, Raw Oatmeal & Walnuts ~ My favorite way to eat oatmeal is to add it straight from the canister & just sprinkle it over my yogurt.  I like to add different fruits to my yogurt (blueberries fresh/frozen, shredded/diced apple, mashed/sliced banana or fresh strawberries)  & I always include some ground flax/flax oil, along with a handful of walnuts & a dash of cinnamon.  Sometimes I'll add a touch of honey, but often I'll skip the sweetener all together.  If I have fresh lemons/limes around, I'll give it a little squeeze of juice, it really brightens it up.



Bircher Muesli ~ Such an easy & healthy way to have breakfast. You just add milk or juice to the uncooked oatmeal & let it soak overnight. In the morning - add some grated apple, yogurt, honey, fruit & nuts.  Learn about Dr. Bircher, ~ interesting how even back in the early 1900's people were already on the raw/health food band wagon.



Oat Bran ~ I REALLY like Quaker Oat Oat Bran, it's the best I've found. Oat bran is such a change from regular oatmeal, completely different texture.  I will sometimes sprinkle it raw over my yogurt, but mostly I cook it as the box directs.  This picture is a spin on the basic recipe that I like to make from the blog ~ Peas & Thank You.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...