|Black Forest Cake Greek Yogurt ~ I had some Double Cherry Carob Chip Breakfast Cookies in the kitchen, so I ate them with my yogurt. I'm thinking of this as my new breakfast-that-eats-like-a-dessert. I love having chocolate for breakfast ~ how about you?|
This morning I was feeling the need for dessert for breakfast. But, that was sooo not going to happen. Instead, I came up with the next best thing ~ Black Forest Cake Greek Yogurt. Since I used Greek yogurt, the breakfast is high protein; the dark cocoa powder adds the rich taste of chocolate, without the guilt & you get its antioxidant benefits; and the cherries combine perfectly to give it the traditional Black Forest flavor. It's only missing the 'cake' part, but you could add some raw oatmeal or ground flax to give it that little extra something.
Maybe I'll do that for next time. This time I just wanted the sweet dessert taste of chocolate & cherries. Here's to eating your dessert... umm, I mean breakfast, first. :)
Black Forest Cake Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt (or variety of choice)
- 1/4 cup cherries, chopped (pitted, fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder (or more, to taste)
- 3 packets of Equal (or to taste - or use sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup raw oatmeal (optional)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax (optional)
Stir up all the ingredients & indulge in your breakfast dessert. Enjoy!