This morning, I had a craving for a piece of cheesecake ~ but, I don't usually have that hanging around the house... and besides, it was time for breakfast ~ not dessert. So, I rummaged around the fridge & pantry and came up with a version that satisfied both my need for breakfast & my sweet tooth. I'm calling it my ~ High Protein Cheesecake Smoothie.
You could easily add some of your favorite fresh/frozen fruits to change up the flavor & turn this into, say ~ a Cherry Cheesecake Smoothie. Some other Cheesecake Fruit Smoothie flavors that come to mind ~ Strawberry, Blueberry, Pineapple or Peach. Cheesecake for breakfast, anyone? :)
High Protein Cheesecake Smoothie
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cup low fat vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 sheet cinnamon graham cracker
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 packets Equal, or to taste (or sweetener of choice)
- 6 ice cubes
- cinnamon graham cracker crumbs for garnish ~ optional
Throw all ingredients into blender and whirl away until smooth & frosty. Divide smoothie between two glasses & garnish with cinnamon graham cracker crumbs ~ if desired. Enjoy!