|JR's Tex-Mex RO*TEL Salsa ~ This Tex-Mex salsa is zesty & full of the flavors that make a fresh salsa so great. It's easy to make & it's perfect with chips, tacos, tostadas, burritos, eggs, chicken, steak, pork ~ just about anything that you want to add some bold, Mexican flavor/flair to.|
My friend, Rick, told me about this really great salsa that his wife, Jeannette, makes. Since I'm a salsa lover from waaaaaay back, I told him I needed her recipe ~ ASAP. He promptly gave me the recipe & I made it soon after...and proceeded to eat the whole batch that day...by myself. (have I ever mentioned that I LOVE fresh salsa??)
Jeannette's recipe calls for RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Chilies & I just so happen to always keep a few cans in my pantry ~ so I knew this was gonna be my kind of salsa. I think her salsa would be a perfect addition to any party, celebration, buffet, get-together, breakfast, potluck or just because you feel like making some amazing, homemade fresh salsa. So, if you're looking for a salsa recipe for your 4th of July party ~ look no further...this is the salsa you should be serving. Be sure to make a lot, because it will be hard to share... I know, from firsthand knowledge. :)
Thanks for sharing the recipe, Jeannette & Rick!
JR's Tex-Mex RO*TEL Salsa
makes a big ol' bowl of salsa
- 1 10oz. can RO*TEL Mild Diced Tomatoes & Chilies (not everyone in my house can handle the heat of the 'Original' RO*TEL, but you can use your favorite variety/heat level instead)
- 1 small, 7oz. can chopped/diced green chiles
- 1 really large bunch cilantro, chopped ~ about 1 1/2 cups chopped (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or green onion, rinsed/drained (more or less, to taste)
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice, or to taste ~ optional (I added this to her original recipe because I always like the flavor of fresh lime in my salsa)
- 1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil, or to taste ~ optional (I added this to her original recipe because I think a little oil helps the flavors to blend together better)
- salt, to taste
Add first 6 ingredients together in a big bowl & toss together until completely mixed & then add salt, to taste.
Let salsa sit in the fridge for about 1/2 hour for the flavors to blend. As it sits, it will create a really flavorful juice in the bottom of the bowl. Stir well & serve with your favorite chips. Enjoy!