|Ultimate Strawberry Banana Smoothie ~ Have it for a breakfast, snack, dessert or cocktail ~ This drink does it ALL!|
I've mentioned before how much I like V8's V-Fusion Juices. In my opinion, it's the ultimate fruit/veggie beverage, a full serving of fruit & a full serving of veggies in every 8 ounce glass, and you NEVER taste the veggies in it. How do they do that? This morning I decided to use the Strawberry/Banana Juice Blend & came up with the ultimate in strawberry/banana smoothie flavor. Using the juice blend, along with the frozen fruit, gives this smoothie a real depth of flavor. Best ever strawberry banana drink I've ever had ~ Oh, yeah! Love when that happens!
This would make the perfect breakfast drink, snack, dessert or even cocktail. Dress it up any way you want ~ drink it from a tumbler or a pretty glass ~ drink it as-is or with the low fat whipped cream & a strawberry 'sidecar'. Depending on how you serve it, it would make a sweet end to a meal or if you just add some coconut rum, you've got a healthy adult tropical beverage.
5 a.m. & it's a breakfast smoothie or 5 p.m. & it's cocktail time... Like the song says ~ It's 5 o'clock somewhere. What time is it at your house? :)
Ultimate Strawberry Banana Smoothieserves 1 (two if you'll share, but I usually won't :)
- 1 1/2 cup V8's V*Fusion Strawberry Banana Juice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 6 frozen strawberries, whole & unsweetened
- one packet of Equal (or favorite sweetener)
- 4 ice cubes
- low fat whipped cream & fresh strawberry, for garnish ~ optional
Throw first six ingredients into a blender & blend until smooth & frosty.
Garnish with low fat whipped cream & strawberry if desired.
* For a little adult fun ~ Add a shot of coconut rum for a tropical drink that tastes fantastic & gives you over one serving of veg, over 2 servings of fruit & a mega hit of protein! Doesn't get any better than that. Booyah!