Cooking with Mochi ~ Waffles, Pan-Fried & Baked ~ The Kind Diet, Superhero Recipes

Mochi Waffle with Lemon-Walnut-Rice Syrup

This weekend I decided to cook some more recipes from The Kind Diet Cookbook, by Alicia Silverstone.

A few months ago I did a post about what I thought about her cookbook & what I had made from it so far.  Last time I was reading through it, I was intrigued by the notion of cooking with mochi.  Alicia had a few Superhero mochi recipes that sounded good, so I decided to try them this time around.


Pan-Fried Mochi

Baked Mochi
I'm glad I tried the recipes, but I don't think I will ever cook with mochi again, it's just too chewy for my taste. I was never able to get the pan-fried or baked mochi to look like the pictures in the recipes.  The pan-fried mochi looked like breakfast sausages to me, although I did enjoy the sweet/savory taste of the rice syrup/shoyu glaze.  The baked mochi looked like, well, you be the judge... The waffle mochi did morph into a true waffle shape, but again, it was just too chewy for me.  I suppose if you must eat gluten-free, mochi would allow you to make some interesting dishes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...