I was cleaning out the fridge the other day and found a lonely cup of crushed pineapple that needed using up. I turned it into the star of a 'doctored up' instant pudding dessert. The pudding was a lovely soft-set texture that we really liked. We all enjoyed the 'tropical island' flavor combo of the pineapple, coconut and banana. I just love getting creative with leftovers, especially when they turn out tasting this good ~ Enjoy!
Quick Tropical Piña Colada Pudding
- one small box of Banana Cream Jello instant pudding (sugar-free or regular)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 small banana, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, for topping
- 4 vanilla wafers cookies, crushed (or you favorite kind)
- whipped cream, for topping (optional)
Mix the ~ instant pudding, crushed pineapple, skim milk, sliced banana & coconut extract in a medium bowl until the powdered pudding is smooth & creamy. Refrigerate pudding until set. Serve the pudding topped with the shredded coconut, whipped cream and crushed cookies.