I'm back on my smoothie kick & decided I was in the mood for an Indian inspired breakfast beverage this morning. I adore the Indian yogurt drink called ~ Lassi ~ it can be made either sweet or savory & is a staple in Indian homes & restaurants everywhere.
Usually, I just make the Sweet Rosewater Lassi, (I wrote about it in a recent post) but today I wanted something a bit more substantial. So, I scrounged around the freezer, fridge & pantry and came up with this gussied-up, protein-packed spin on the classic ~ Sweet Mango Lassi. If you're in the mood for a slightly exotic smoothie, that's great any time of day, give this Sweet Peach Mango Protein Lassi Smoothie a try. ~Namaste~
Sweet Peach Mango Protein Lassi Smoothieserves 1~2
- 1 1/2 cups V8 V-Fusion Peach Mango Juice Blend
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen mangoes chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
- 1/4 cup frozen banana slices
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 packet of Equal
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom or more, to taste (another option ~ if you don't have cardamom, you can use cinnamon, it won't give you the authentic flavor, but it will do in a pinch ~ every pun intended :)
Throw all ingredients into your blender & blend until smooth & frosty. Sprinkle with additional cardamom, if desired.