|Café Mocha Protein Smoothie ~ What a perfect way to start your day!|
I was craving a foo-foo coffee drink this morning, but had no plans on going out & spending a bundle to satisfy a craving. So, I decided to combine my morning beverage with my breakfast & came up with a Café Mocha Protein Smoothie. I threw in some spinach & oatmeal to up the nutrition, as well as unsweetened cocoa powder to give it that deep, rich chocolate flavor. The smoothie came out rich & thick, full of that mocha flavor that I love so much. You can't taste the spinach or oatmeal, at all ~ they're sneaky like that. Oh, yeah ~ it fit the bill perfectly.
All I can say is ~ Good Morning, Sunshine!
Café Mocha Protein Smoothiemakes 1~2 servings
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/3 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 /4 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, or to taste
- 1~2 tsp instant coffee, regular of decaf (depends on how strong you like your coffee flavor & octane :)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 packets Equal (or your sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 6 ice cubes
- whipped cream, coffee bean & chocolate shavings ~ if desired
Throw all ingredients into your blender & whirl away until completely blended & frosty. Top with the garnishes if desired. Enjoy!
|Is it time for a coffee break yet?|