Taco Salad ~ Meatless Monday

Meatless Monday ~ Taco Salad in a Baked Flour Tortilla 'Bowl'
 
I like making anything Mexican & this Taco Salad is a perfect way to satisfy both my salad & Mexican food cravings.  This recipe really lends itself to Meatless Monday, too.  I found a tasty vegetarian chorizo, (called Veggie Chorizo ~ from Yves, over at Whole Foods) that I enjoy & it adds just the right flavor to this Taco Salad.  Though, it would be just as tasty if you only used the canned chili beans.

Making a  baked flour tortilla 'bowl'  is super easy to do & makes this Taco Salad look just like you ordered it in a restaurant.  I load it up with my favorite salad greens & top it with the Veggie Chorizo, chili beans, cheese, plain yogurt (instead of sour cream) cheese, radishes, cilantro, onion, olives, salsa & dressing.  My new favorite spicy dressing is - Marketside Chipotle Ranch, from Walmart. It is their own instore brand & they sell it over in the produce section. Try some, it is awesome!

Enjoy ~ Olé!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...