Beet Tzatziki ~ Exotic spin on a Greek classic ~ So pretty in pink!

Beet Tzatziki


Pink is tripping my trigger right now.  So, I'm running with a ~ Pink Food & Drink ~ theme this week.  Well, it is almost Valentine's Day & all...

This is my favorite savory Pink Recipe ~ Beet Tzatziki.   This pureed beet version of tzatziki is a twist on the classic Greek Cucumber Tzatziki, since it is made with (you guessed it) beets & it's pureed.  Now, this dish is no ordinary shade of pink.  It's not a soft, blushing bride, shade of pink.  It's not even a kid shade of bubblegum pink.  It's hot, over the top, 100% SHOCKING PINK!!!  Nothing bashful about it.  Right on!  It makes me happy just to look at it & it makes me even happier to eat it.  Be careful, it is addicting.  One taste & you'll be hooked, too...

This wonderful recipe has such a smooth attitude.  It is super easy to make & very forgiving of  changes to the recipe.  I used canned beets since I didn't have any fresh to roast & I added dried dill (instead of fresh, because I only had dried) since I love beets & dill together.  (Try the chunky Beet Tzatziki version, too)
  
It's really versatile & this smooth recipe can morph into just about anything you want it to be.  You can use it as a dip, as a chilled soup, as a dressing for sandwiches/salads, as an exotic sauce over chicken & tofu.  Or ~ just eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon.  It really is that good! 

Beets ~ fresh, roasted, canned, pickled, grated, shredded, sliced or pureed ~ I love' em any way I can get' em!   You are so Pretty in Pink. Will you Beet my Valentine?  (heehee ~ I make myself laugh ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...