Skinny Girl Blueberry Muffins

Skinny Girl Blueberry Mini Muffins

Gray, dreary, rainy weather = baking.   These are some healthy muffins I made from a recipe created by Skinny Girl, Bethenny Frankel.   (on the link, her's is the third recipe down)  

The recipe uses oat flour, so it's gluten free. (to make oat flour just grind up some gluten-free oatmeal in your food processor, easy-peasy)   It's also egg free, so it's OK for vegans.  The recipe calls for soy milk, but I just use lowfat milk.  I love having an excuse to use fresh blueberries, but you could use frozen ones, too.  Some powdered sugar, sprinkled on top, would look pretty. 

I often make muffins in my mini muffin tin, just adjust the baking time a bit.  I like the idea that I can have three muffins instead of just one, calorie-wise it's all the same.   3 mini muffins = 1 regular muffin = 1 happy camper.  There is something about being able to keep reaching for more muffins on the plate ~ it trips my trigger.  Mind games, I know, but it works for me.   :)

Time to make a pot of English tea & eat many little mini muffins.  Rainy day?  Is it raining?  I didn't even notice.  Another muffin?  Don't mind if I do.   :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...