Curried Lentil Stew ~ Meatless Monday



Curried Lentil Stew ~ I like lentils & cook with them a few times a month.  They come in a beautiful assortment of colors ~ brown, green, yellow, orange or black.  I'll use whatever color strikes my fancy or maybe what the recipe calls for, depends on my mood.  I usually buy my lentils from the bulk aisle of Whole Foods to get the best selection for color & freshness.

This Curried Lentil Stew is hearty & filling, without being heavy.  I substituted one of my powdered curry spice mixes (from Penzeys Spices) instead of the red curry paste, since that is what I had on hand.  I think the curry adds a nice flavor to the dish & heats it up just right.  I always love a dish that includes Indian spices & a curry blend happens to be my favorite.  The apple in the recipe lends a subtle sweetness to the dish that is just perfect.  Check out the recipe over at the blog ~ Squeaky Gourmet
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...